Thursday, December 31, 2009

Favorite book today.

My favorite book out of the list that I have so far has got to be The True Meaning of Smekday. It's very lighthearted and funny. I enjoyed it so much that even though I was not planning on reading it again anytime soon I bought it just to be able to own it. The only book that I have ever read more than once is Pride and Prejudice. I'm not a fan of reading a book more than once normally. P&P is my old standby just in case I can't find anything else good to read yet. It's hard to find a real good book without all of the sexuality, language, and drugs that I don't really care to hear about. We hear about that stuff enough in everyday life, am I right? I learned about The True Meaning of Smekday from Shannon Hale's blog. She is the author of The Princess Diaries, Goose Girl, Enna Burning, and other lively adventurous and fun books made normally for young girls. As Stephenie Meyer's has taught us though don't read just for what section it is. A good book is a good book no matter what section it is from. Just because you're 80, (or 31) doesn't mean that you can't peruse the young adult section when you want something fun. Don't limit yourself! Good reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I have read....so far

  • A Promise to Believe in-10
  • A Tree grows in Brooklyn-6
  • A Year down Yonder-5
  • Book of a Thousand Days-8
  • Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer-9
  • Catching Fire-10
  • Charlotte's Rose-9
  • City of Ashes-9
  • City of Bones-9
  • City of Glass-9
  • Cry the Beloved Country-6
  • Dawn's Prelude-10
  • Dead until Dark-5
  • Define Normal-8
  • Diary of Anne Frank-8
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer-8
  • Enna Burning-7
  • Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman-8
  • Girlwood-10!!!!!
  • In the Forests of the Night-5
  • Jinx-7
  • Listening for Lions-9
  • Me, the Missing, and the Dead-7
  • Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac-5
  • Morning's Refrain-10
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer-8
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen-10
  • Pride and Prescience-10
  • River Secrets-8
  • Sarah, Plain and Tall-4
  • The Chosen-6
  • The Goose Girl-7
  • The Great Gatsby-6
  • The Host by Stephenie Meyer-10
  • The Hunger Games-10
  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret-9
  • The Last Leaf-8
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society-7
  • The Persian Pickle Club-7
  • The Princess Academy-7
  • The Red Shoe-3
  • The Secret Garden-10
  • The Snows-7
  • The True meaning of Smekday-10
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer-8
  • Vampire Kisses-5